AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist
Experience:  35 years home improvement
53189252

I have a Craftsman planer Model No.###-##-#### Instructions

Customer Question

I have a Craftsman planer Model No.###-##-#### Instructions tell me to "lubricate all chains and gears." I don't know where to grease them since I can find no zerks or other information.
I will appreciate whatever information you can give me.
Thanks,
David Baisinger
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.The maintenance statement below is from the manual:Use common automotive bearing grease to lubricate all chains and gears.Be sure all chains and gears have plenty of grease. This may be misleading in how they make the statement.The automotive bearing grease they are relating to, is the type that you get in a small container for wheel bearings.You pack and lubricate the bearings, or in the planers case, by hand.It is not tube type grease.You will have to physically access the chain, sprockets/gears and apply the grease by hand.It is a special grease that is more tacky than others to stay on the parts.I actually prefer a good Moly lubricant for the chain and sprockets, it still has to be sprayed on.CLICK HERE to see MolyBearings are all sealed , so no lubrication needed and why there are no grease fittings/zerks on the machine.Hope that helps,Thanks