Martin, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Design, construct, fix and grow stuff around and in the home.
14666028

Near my garage doors is manhole cover water drainage.

Customer Question

Near my garage doors is manhole cover for rain water drainage. Around it is pavement. And because manhole cover is installed quite deep, the pavement and that cover make quite a 'downward bump' when I drive over it coming from my garage. I would like to lift that manhole cover to make my daily drive over it a little bit less bumpy... How to proceed, whom to bug, who is responsible of those rainwater manhole covers?
Category: Home Improvement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hi. This is something you need to talk to your municipality officials about. Sometime they wait for it to be a certain depth before adding an extention collar to lift it up. There is not only new asphalt installation layer that can raise the street level, humidity level in clay and deep frost in the winter can lift the soil up (eaving). This usually come from bad initial compaction of the soil, soil nature under the street and the amount of draining material that was used.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! GreT REPLY!
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure, and don't forget to rate me when you have time.