Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a two month old tanning bed that won't turn on. Can

Customer Question

I have a two month old tanning bed that won't turn on. Can you help me?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. All tanning beds have a fast acting fuse to protect the bed and electronics from power spikes. So it's not uncommon to experience this problem from time to time. If it's a new bed, then it's extremely unlikely that it's anything but the fuse. Here is a link to the fuse, but make sure it matches the rating of the fuse it's currently in the tanning bed.http://bitli.es/5A83yt
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, sounds good. Can you tell me where the fuse is located? Also, is there a way to test the fuse to know for sure that that's the problem before I order a new one? Thanks for your help.
I believe in this model it is near the main power plug. To check the fuse, you can just check continuity. You will either have continuity or not. If the fuse is blown, if you test sending a current through with the multimeter, you will see that it's not passing any current. I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service at your convenience. Thank you.