AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist
Experience:  35 years home improvement
53189252

I have a Lynx 455 opener. It is getting current, light comes

Customer Question

I have a Lynx 455 opener. It is getting current, light comes on when remote is used or wall switch is pushed, then starts flashing - no movement, no motor noise or hum. Sensor light is lit and steady. when safety release is pulled, door raises manually.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist. Need some details on the situation.1. What color LED's do you have on the safety eyes at this time?2. Can you push the wall button, and HOLD it in do not release and see if the door will start and move to go close. ONLY release the wall button when the door touches the floor. Let me know and we can continue,Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LED light is red. There is a light only on 1 side. If I block the beam, light goes out. If I hold the wall button on, the overhead light comes on and after a couple seconds it flashes 3 or 4 times, the same as happens when remote button is pressed.
Ok, thanks for the added information.If holding the wall button does nothing either, then it is pointing towards the main logic board as the failure.But, before we call that the issue, do you have a standard wall button that looks like a doorbell button?Or the larger 3 function wall control?1. The 3 function control has a vacation lock mode that may have been activated.2. With the door disconnected from the trolley, the opener acts the same?3. Have you disconnected from power for at least 10 minutes and then reconnect?Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. The wall button is a doorbell type.
2. With the door disconnected from trolley it is the same, no motor noise overhead light flashes 4 times.
3. Unplugged 15 min same result
Ok, thanks.Based on the information, all the steps to check all other components have been done, leaving only the main logic board or the actual motor itself as being the problem'It is rare to lose a motor, but they can be disconnected and run with a temporary cord if wanted to test them.I suspect the logic board .CLICK HERE and you can see the replacement.It is a personal choice whether one prefers to get a new opener with warranty or replace the main board with possible other issues due to the age later.Wish the results had been a little easier for repairs.I would suggest also to have a surge protector on the opener, as it helps in power surges which get openers often during storms etc.