Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Stanley D1000 and I am trying to program a universal

Customer Question

I have a Stanley D1000 and I am trying to program a universal remote. I think I need a pin or code. Can you help
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I suspect that your Chamberlain remote might not be compatible with your Stanley D1000 door opener.
Consult this page, with the exact model # ***** your Chamberlain remote, and having found the Learn button on the Stanley opener:
http://chamberlain.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/207
to find out whether your door opener is compatible with your model of Chamberlain remote.
Since it seems Chamberlain remotes are all programmed with Learn buttons, if your Stanley opener has no Learn button, then you cannot use it with a Chamberlain remote (which is relatively modern and 'smart') but rather with a remote of comparable age, which itself has ten switches inside it, to set it to match the wire configuration in the Stanley.
Let me know if you need more help with this matter... and let me know if it is advice that helps you, or not. Thanks.