Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Bearing are difficult to rotate and will not stop at designated

Customer Question

Bearing are difficult to rotate and will not stop at designated position
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Depending upon your type of Sentry Safe, and what its past history has been, you may need to lubricate the bearings in question.
Lubrication is especially likely to be needed, if the safe has been disused for some time, or has been exposed to inclement weather, or has been through a fire (even if it's a Fire Safe), etc.
Be warned: the sort of lubrication needed may be neither oil lubricant nor grease-type lubricant. Many safes need a special silicone powder lubricant.
But also be warned: Some safes are actually harmed by lubrication. So, in sum, I would need to know what your Sentry Safe's model # ***** or at least the type of safe it is (fire safe, gun safe, etc.) before giving you any more instructions on this matter. Let me know, and I will advise you further.