Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Garage door isn't opening

Customer Question

Garage door isn't opening
Category: Home Improvement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have check the outlets, all work find however the main unit isn't recieving any power
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.
If it's not receiving any power, please check the electrical connections to it to see if power is even getting to the unit. If it isn't, then the problem is not with the opener but rather with the electrical circuit. It's possible that the opener was put on a separate circuit breaker or fuse so make sure you have checked the correct circuit breaker. To be certain whether or not the power is coming through the wires to the main unit, you will have to measure the voltage at the wires connecting to the opener. If you aren't familiar with doing that, I would suggest calling electrician because AC voltage is obviously very dangerous. But if you have questions on how to do it or what to do next, please let me know and I'll be happy to help.