Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

We have a powerbolt 1000 system. A small green light on the

Customer Question

We have a powerbolt 1000 system. A small green light on the unit is flashing. We've changed batteries and the light still flashes. Any ideas?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. A low battery warning light is to be found on the inner trim. If that's where your green flashing light is, then that's what it is. As for replacing batteries and still having the warning... either1. you need to wait a few hours, or at least 15 minutes, for the new battery energy to 'get in' to the low-power circuits in question. This is possible.or2. you need to remove the new batteries, wait 5 minutes or more, then put them back in carefully, after wiping both poles with a clean dry cloth, and not touching the poles again... even a little film of anything on the battery poles can reduce their effectiveness. Or, just possibly, one of the batteries is not inserted with the correct orientation. Be sure they are in correctly. If none of these things helps, or esp. if upon testing the lock does not function - and make sure you have someone inside who can unlock it from inside, if it refuses to unlock! - and if it is not obviously jammed in any mechanical way - then you would have to conclude the the lock's electronics are not working.