Neil, Engineer
Experience:  NZ Certificate in Engineering Electronics & Computing 25 years exp
15873252

I have a gto pro automatic gate. The gate keeps opening and

Customer Question

I have a gto pro automatic gate. The gate keeps opening and closing on it's own randomly. I disconnected the exit sensor and now it doesn't do it, but people can't get out!!
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.
Hi Is the exit sensor an inground probe that is buried next to the drive? If so these can go unstable, especially if not installed properly, make sure the probe is completely secured and free from being vibrated into movement... These tend to be completely sealed units so no repair is possible, if installed properly but still unstable then it will have to be replaced. What make and model is it?
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.
The GTO has its own probe, it is called an exit wand: http://www.gtopro.com/PDF/Manuals/GTO-Gate-Opener-Gate-Operator-Manual-pro-wand.pdf Check the installation parameters on page 2 match your installation... If located too close to the gate the gate can trip the probe...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The probe is about 50 feet from the gate and is buried like the manual states however is not inside a conduit.
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.
So the next thing to check is the probe connections.. They are shown in the manual link I gave you. If the connections are good we need to check the voltage being fed to the probe with a multimeter..