Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I have a BRK model 7010B smoke detector. one of the detector

Customer Question

I have a BRK model 7010B smoke detector. one of the detector is beeping every minute but the detector and the battery is brand new that I replaced about a few months ago. this happened before but only for about an hour but this time it's doing it over
the night and not stopping. I burnt microwavable popcorn and so much smog came out from it last night and it started since then. Please advise how to stop the beeping.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Likely the cover is dirty which is setting it off. Take the cover off and clean it completely down, then put it back together and tell me if it is still doing this please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took it out and found out the battery is totally out. but I got the brand new durusell battery a few month ago and the exp date is 2019. do you think the battery was defective? is it possible that the smog detector is wired wrong and drain the battery?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, it would be a defective battery then as it will do this if this was the case.
It wont be wired wrong else you would have had the problem from the start, plus they are all automatically made from machines, so all of them would end up being wired wrong, and that would be a well documented issue.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you