Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I can't charge my Skil drill batteries. The power source is

Customer Question

I can't charge my Skil drill batteries. The power source is good but green light on the charger does not light even if a battery on the charger or not. What can I do?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Either your charger is defective, or your battery or batteries. I would say, if there are several batteries and at least one is newer than the rest (as opposed to their all being the same age, which would make the diagnosis less certain) that the charger is more likely to be defective. Check the contacts the convey electricity into the batteries from the charger - wipe them with a clean dry lint-free cloth even if they appear bright and shiny and clean. If they do not appear shiny and corrosion-free, they may be impeding the sensing and charging of the batteries, and will need to be de-corroded, obviously, if that is still possible. Even if the power source is good, try at least one other power source, I advise. If all else fails, replace the charger - trying it on one of the batteries you already have, in the store, if possible (to see whether that replacement cures the problem.)