MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Handyman
Experience:  I repair most everything mechanical and electronic related with over 25 years of experience in these fields.
11519491

I have an old vemco*****garage door opener. The chain roll

Customer Question

I have an old vemco*****garage door opener. The chain roller on the fixed part on the wall tightened up and the bolt holding it on fell out. I put everything back together, but now the door doesn't seem to have an upper limit. Since it doesn't sense it is up I can't push the button again to lower the door. It keeps trying to go up further. Is there some kind of adjustment I can make so it knows when it is fully up?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear that. There is a sensor on the unit that senses the chain is up fully, that switch may have also come loose or broke when this event happened.Please check for that, you may need to remove the cover on the openers control motor assembly to see this.Once you check this out let me know its visual appearance.I can help you fix this but you may need to replace that switch(sensor). its not much and I will supply you with the best place to get the replacement.Since this may take us some time, I will stick with you until you have this working correctly,please rate my service kindly thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you;-)It won't cost you anything additional to rate and you can always contact me when you are ready to resume. I will be back tomorrow morning its 10: 10 here in NC now and a long day.Thank you and have a great night!Tech Michael