Martin, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Design, construct, fix and grow stuff around and in the home.
14666028

Will put panels on south wall of frame home. need to anchor

Customer Question

Will put panels on south wall of frame home. need to anchor panels onto house studs. What do you have to accommodate instellation?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
What type of panels?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ND240QCJ
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
What type of equipment is this? Keep in mind I know nothing about your situation unless you tell me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MY CUSTOMER WANT TO PUT 2 BANKS OF FIVE PANEL ON THE SOUTH WALL OF HIS FRAME HOME. I WANT TO ANCHOR THE PANELS VERTICALLY ONTO THE STUDS. I ASSUME YOU HAVE SOME TYPE OF CLIPS OR FRME TO ALLOW ME TO ANCHOR THE PANELS TO THE STUDS AFTER RESTING THE PANELS ONTO A STEEL SUPPORTED CHANNEL.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
There's no need for all caps! I still don't know what type of panels these are. We are independent experts here not factory reps for any product.I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Here is the installation document for those panelhttp://files.sharpusa.com/Downloads/Solar/Manuals/sol_man_MDMAN_TINSEA116MNZZ_V6.0U.pdfThe recommended bold size is at page 4.You can directly use the panel bolt holes but ideally for stud (unlike plywood) you would be better with that type of clamp:http://www.solarelectricsupply.com/solar-panel-mounts/roof-mounts/prosolar/rooftrac (many manufactured exist). You can then screw the rail into the wall with typical metal roof screw to make sure no water will get in).You need to find a way to secure them as they are easy to steal on a wall compared to a roof and are quite valuable.