AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist
Experience:  35 years home improvement
53189252

I have a Genie Pro Max PMC500IC/ 1/2 HP opener. It has never

Customer Question

I have a Genie Pro Max PMC500IC/B 1/2 HP opener. It has never worked well using a remote operator. I just purchased new remotes and they seem to sink with this one as the other two that I linked with the operator however it will not open the door. When I press the button the red light comes on like it is getting signal. Any suggestions?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.What is the Make and Model of the new remotes?Do you have an outside keypad on the opener?When do the remotes fail? Outside a certain distance? Randomly?Let me know and we can continue,Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No outside keypad. Standing on a ladder right next to the motor and no response just see the red light come on when button is pressed. GITR 3 Genie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Box says : GITR-38X , part # *****
Ok, thanks for the added information. Since there isnt a keypad involved, it allows us a fresh start and relearn the remotes.First, need to Erase all memory using the below picture of information.
Once the Erasing procedure is completed, then add only ONE remote and see how it goes before adding the second one.Follow exact procedure below in the picture. ( I am sure you have this same info but wish to be sure)
If difficulty after a fresh start, the issue may be openers main logic board, or the antenna.Check antenna for scrapes and abrasions, be sure it is hanging straight down off the opener.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Followed your directions and still no go.
Ok, if antenna is good and not damaged, the logic board is the problem and would need to be replaced.Or you could get an add on board that connects to the terminals like wall button but then would have to get more remotes to match.New Board will be around $65-$85 depending on supplierNew add on remote receiver CLICK HERE for around $25 and then add the remotes. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I will order a new board and try that. Thank you
Ok, very good, glad to assist on the situation.