Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I am having a problem cutting vinyl. There is an area

Customer Question

I am having a problem cutting vinyl. There is an area on each letter that doesn't cut clean.
I have put in a new blade, changed the force up to 160 and tried different pieces of vinyl.
Thanks for the help,
Dick Prosser
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
You have not stated what maker and model of printer (I presume) you are having a problem with the cutter part of... but on what you have mentioned so far, I would say that you need to check whether the blade is adjusted properly in its place, first of all.
If the blade rubs against the side of its place in the printer, it will exert less force when cutting, causing the problem you are asking about.
There might be other causes, but this is the most likely and the one to check on first.
With more data (the maker and model #) I will be able to give you more advice as to what to do and what the problem is and what to do about it. Let me know, please. Thanks.