MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Handyman
Experience:  I repair most everything mechanical and electronic related with over 25 years of experience in these fields.
11519491

Craftsman garage door will not shut and blinks 9 times. Wh

Customer Question

Craftsman garage door will not shut and blinks 9 times. Why?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
May I have the Full model # ***** your opener?
Also did the opener fail during use, please explain the more details the quicker I can help;-)
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a Craftsman 1/2 horse, maybe model 54915. I am not at home. It failed both with the car remote and the wall switch. Do you know what 9 blinks represent?
Hi yes that is an error code saying that there is a problem with the logic board. But I have seen this when the electric eye fails as well.
SO I would replace the eye if yours is equipped with one first to see if that solves the problem as that is much less expensive than the entire logic board;-)
You can contact Sears to order this at : 1-***-***-****.
If you are a bit handy you can do this yourself no soldering required;-)
And I will assist you at no additional cost just let me know when you have the eye;-)
I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly,and it won't cost you anything additional to rate my service. You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating.
Please rate my service kindly thus far, and thank you!
Have a great day!
Hi I hope that helps,
Please don't forget to rate my service before you go as it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you, and you can always get back in touch with me at no additional cost after rating to chat;-)
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/expert/qa.aspx?T=15342952#ixzz3cgBgFt4V