canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  i have extensive experience in the home improvement industry. my current job is at lowes home improvement.
64367226

Looking to add two rooms and a bath with walk in tub

Customer Question

Looking for help to add two rooms and a bath with walk in tub I'm 69 and have blood clots in lungs and heart disease but need room to stop grand kids from sleeping in our bed and beating me up in their sleep.Have some funds but the estimates we have got want more than the house is worth please help me.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience in the home improvement field. I'll be glad to assist you today. Adding onto a house is a very large renovation and can be quite costly. Is there any room on the property for a separate building or do you have a garage that could be converted?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have 2 car garage about twenty feet away plenty off back land.
You may find that you will save a fair amount of money to add a structure or finish the garage to be living space instead of adding to the house. If there is attic space that can be converted that could also be an option. Adding to an existing structure will be one of the more expensive options.
I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?