Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I purchased a new hood/cover grass catcher on my Craftsman

Customer Question

I purchased a new hood/cover for the grass catcher on my Craftsman lawn tractor. The grass catcher is model ####-##-#### I need instructions and pictures on how to replace the springs on the spring loaded hood. I tried for a couple hours this weekend and could not figure it out. Thanks for the help.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, are the springs still on their old position with the old cover?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO, the springs are loose. I can't figure out how to replace them on the new hood.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
I don't own that particular equipment so i will tell you what i think, you might confirm it from your side.
On page 18 and 19:
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/480063/Craftsman-917-249660.html
you can see the exploded diagram (one of the worst i ever saw as it does not show where all part goes).
I assume that the spring go around or into the spacer and that all this go over the hinge pin 33 or something that can act like an hinge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I have my owners manual and the diagram is completely useless. I need detail pictures or something that shows how the springs attach to the container support and the hood. Everything goes on the hinge pin, put where to the ends of the spring go so it holds the hood in the open position when accessing the bins.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Sorry i can't help more, this is a "i would need to be there" problem for me. I will let others give a try.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will someone else be contacting me?