canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  i have extensive experience in the home improvement industry. my current job is at lowes home improvement.
64367226

I have a 1/4" wide crack in my condominimum slab which ripped

Customer Question

I have a 1/4" wide crack in my condominimum slab which ripped the vinyl tile in the kitchen. It run all accross the kitchen. The living and dining room is carpet so it may be under the carpet as well. Is this a major concern and how do you repair it?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience in the home improvement field. I'll be glad to assist you today. This can be an issue that is simply the ground was not compacted well in that area during construction or there could be a structural issue. Check on the outside of the building in the area of the crack to see if there are any cracks on the outside. That would be evidence of structural concerns. Mostly I would recommend not repairing it right away. Waiting until the settling is done will be the best thing to do. If there does not seem to be any more cracking then remove the flooring and patch the floor with concrete and add a mesh tape layer to help keep the floor intact.
I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?
You can still comment or ask questions even after positively rating my service. I will always respond and I am very glad to continue to help. Mike