Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

We had laminate flooring installed in our second floor in

Customer Question

We had laminate flooring installed in our second floor in 9/5/14 from Dolphin tile & Carpet. They installed the floor even thought it was not leveled and never told us about it. We are having problems with the floor now, the installer came by and said
he would have to rip up the floor and re-do it but wont be hold responsible for the damage to the base boards, paint or moving our furniture. I want to know what my options are in this situation.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
There are 2 ways to approach this you can be confrontational which may make matters worse or you can let them go ahead and do the work. If they damage anything in the process of replacing the floor then ask them to repair the damage but make no statement agreeing to pay for the damage repair. If they press you be evasive. If they present you with a bill don't pay it. They are responsible for making this 100% right. Any damage is on them since their defective work was the cause of the damage. You always have the option to sue them but that's often more trouble than it's worth.