Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
23511658

We cannot open the top drawer of our 4drawer lateral Steelcase

Customer Question

We cannot open the top drawer of our 4drawer lateral Steelcase cabinet. The other 3 drawers open and close without any extra effort. Looking from the 2nd drawer underneath, I cannot see any loose nuts, cogs, bolts etc. I cannot get the top drawer open enough to slide a screwdriver in.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. Most of these have a locking mechanism that prevents more than one drawer from being open at the same time. If you look to the sides of the drawer, on one side you should see a mechanism – like a bar that moves slightly up and down when you close the drawer. One way you can fix this is to take out the drawer beneath it. And the way you can do that is open the door and then remove it from the clips on the rail. Here's a short video that shows you how to do that. Once you have that drawer out you can probably free up the top drawer. http://bitli.es/J6tDHN