Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

Eric, My husband installed a shower encloser and now we

Customer Question

Hi Eric,
My husband installed a shower encloser and now we are trying to put sliding glass doors on. We had installed the side aluminum strip and now we went to hang the doors and they are not closing. I made him measure the top width and the bottom...low and behold the top is wider then the bottom by like 1/2 inch. Can you recommend a fix for this. Right now the doors close fine on one side but have a gap at the top on the other!!
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.
Your only option is to get another section of wall channel and cut it on a taper to fill the gap. Sometimes you can get a channel that will fit inside the existing channel then all you need to do is pull it out at the top. Once the channel that meets the door is plumb and the other channel is tight against the wall you put a small stainless steel screw on the inside (in the shower side) through the 2 channels to lock the spacing in place.