Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

My existing insulation is some kind of in white fluffy

Customer Question

My existing insulation is some kind of blown in white fluffy stuff... Duplex built in 2001... In South Georgia .. We are trying to figure out if we add more insulation of some sort would it help lower our electricity bill .. Especially in the summer.. Terminix is trying to talk us into there product.. Never heard of it before
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Yes adding more insulation will reduce your AC bills and as a result also your electric bill. Terminix's product is nothing special except it's treated with an insecticide. If it was my house I wouldn't want my attic loaded with insulation permeated with poison. Blown in insulation (fiberglass or cellulose) is what's most commonly used to add insulation.