Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Is there a universal remote available which will work on

Customer Question

Hi, Is there a universal remote available which will work on both AM and FM at 433.92 Mhz?. I have a garage door which works with a PTX4, and a gate which works with a PTX5.
Cheers Graham.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That is a challenging and interesting question, but the eventual conclusion I have reached is, that you cannot use one remote for both functions.
You could perhaps use two remotes of that type, one for one function, one for the other function, and both of the same model (though even this is doubtful), but that's about as close as you could get.
This sort of remote (the PTX4 and PTX5) are not flexible enough to store and use (i.e. 'learn') two different frequencies, I don't think, not in one remote.
A 'universal remote' is generally not designed for garages and gates, but for indoor applications such as TVs, VCRs, etc.