AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist
Experience:  35 years home improvement
53189252

I need some help install a new chain on a chamberlain D200

Customer Question

I need some help install a new chain on a chamberlain D200D.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.
So, what is the status at this time?
Was the old chain removed completely?
The chain fastens at both ends, so trying to understand what has been removed thus far in order to determine where you are on the installation.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The chain was laying in the floor. It Has no instructions on how to hook it back up to the adjustment screw. It also so came with no parts to connect the ends.
Ok, thanks.
Have you looked at the old chain yet?
Follow the ends of the old chain, one end will connect to an adjusting rod that threads into an offset plate and the other end will be fastened to the same area but stationary and no adjustment.
They have to be removed before a new cable can be installed, as they have the master links that aid in the transition and fastening of the cable.
There are 2 master links, one on each end that will come out and allow the old chain removal and the new one installed.
A master link, looks like a normal chain link, except it has the pins that remove and allows the link to be taken apart unlike other links.
There are small snap rings on one side of the link pin, that when removed, the pin will now slide out of the link.
Look at the link below:
http://www.chamberlain.com/CatalogResourcesV3/en-us/shared/files/tucmanuals/114A3109.pdf
That may be easier on the explanation. See PAGE 10 for the links and chain placement
Let me know what other information you need, here to assist and get you going,
Thanks