Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.

Kohler bathroom Jacuzzi pump has stopped working.

Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll do my best to help with your issue.

Since you've already tried a new capacitor the next step would be to replace the motor but it would probably be easier to just replace the whole pump. The work involved with replacing the motor probably isn't worth the effort compared to what you would save over the cost of a new pump

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I understand that, however, it has been discontinued by Kohler and they directed me to Gross Automation and they will repair the motor for a flat fee of $500.00.

Can you think of any way of bypassing the control board to power the motor directly? I was unable to find a wiring diagram, and made an assumption that the Black and White wires going from the control board to the motor were the motor wires. There are others (Striped and Orange etc.) but they may be for the integrated heater. I just wan to be sure it is the pump before I kick out a minimum of $500,00

I don't have a wiring diagram either. Your best bet is to run a 120 volt feed directly to the pump and see if it works.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That was my guess, but trying to identify the motor feed is the issue. What is you opinion on a aftermarket replacement vrs. a repair fo the exsisting pump. Aftermarket $199.00 repair $500.00. The only change is I have to replace the acuation switch.

I'd go with the aftermarket option. $500 to rebuild an electric motor and even the pump is beyond outrageous. But the same can be said for prices for anything bought directly from Kohler. There's a place up the street from me here in NH that will rebuild an electric motor like this for under $100. I don't think they do mail order.