Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.

Hi again Rick, if the home I bought has been winterized (toilet)

Hi again Rick, if the home I bought has been winterized (toilet) what do I need to do? I just found out I can put utilities in my name remotely so I have working utilities when I arrive but does someone need to come in to dewinterize the bathroom for me?

Rick :

Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your issue.

It can be as simple as just turning the water on but it's best to have a plumber do this just incase there are problems

Rick :

Typically winterizing a house is more involved than just putting anti-freeze in the toilet. The water is turned off and the pipes should be drained along with the water heater

Rick :

If the heat has been shut down and you have a hot water heating system the system should be filled with anti-freeze but sometimes the system is drained instead

Okay so I need a plumber to make the home live in ready for heating and toilet, water, etc?

Rick :

That would be the wise thing to do. just to be sure everything is working properly before you move in