The Home Smithy, Home Builder
Experience:  #1 Home Improvement Expert 30+ years experience
3079445

Vita spa LC 500 series purchased ~ 15 years ago has a "CP"

Vita spa LC 500 series purchased ~ 15 years ago has a "CP" error code blinking. With the CP error blinking, it won't heat. Everything else works fine; blower, circulator pump running, jets, light. The resistance across the circulator pump was higher than the other motors, so I thought the winding was going bad and I replaced the circulator pump- no difference (although the new pump is quieter). I could get the error message to change to "FLO" by messing with the pressure switch on the heater, so I replaced the pressure switch- no difference. So, I'm wondering if the circuit board is bad, maybe the circ pump relay? Or if something with the heater itself is causing the "CP" error? I have replaced the heater previously (~5 years ago), so I know it can go bad, but that time it was obvious; it was shorting to ground and tripping the circuit. Any thoughts?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 1 year ago.

I'm Gina and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Gina~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd like to continue waiting- I haven't been able to figure this out for a month or so, - I'm in no hurry, thanks
Hello John

Thank you we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Gina
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.
John. The problem you have is a flow sensor that has failed.
If the flow sensor goes out the heater will not operate. This is a safety feature to prevent you from getting a sudden blast of real hot water that has been sitting in the heater too long because the pump has failed or there was a restriction in the flow of water coming from the heater.
The sensor will be on the line that feeds the heater. Replace it and you are good to go.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Best, Smitty
The Home Smithy, Home Builder
Experience: #1 Home Improvement Expert 30+ years experience