Rick
Rick , General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

Do I need to apply a release agent on tumbled marble mosaik

Do I need to apply a release agent on tumbled marble mosaik tile 1 by 1/2 inch before applying groute ?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your issue.

With such small tile usings a release agent will be difficult since keeping the release agent out of the grout lines would be very challenging. You should seal the tile before grouting if you didn't seal the tile before you set it. If your tumbled marble is very pourous your option are: pains takingly paint on a release agent keeping it out of the grout lines, use a grout that is color compatible with the tile so if it fills in the voids in the tile it won't be objectionable or only grout a relatively small area at a time so you can clean the grout out of the tile voids with a nylon bristle brush before it sets up too much. The compatible grout option is what's typically used on jobs with a large area.