The Home Smithy , Home Builder
Experience:  #1 Home Improvement Expert 30+ years experience
3079445

I AM using a Genie garage door opener ISD 990--a screw type--

I AM using a Genie garage door opener ISD 990--a screw type-- to make a device to feed balls automatically to a pitching machine. I use the machine to shoot fly balls so the balls can't be dropped into the machine by gravity but must be pushed up into it. My device works fine except that the Genie apparently won't run but for a limited amount of cycles. 20 or 30 maybe. Can I bypass whatever it is that limits the amount of cycles? If it burns up I don't care.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome.
Are you using the unit with the control board still attached?
If so just eliminate it and wire the motor directly to the power source with a switch in line somewhere.
The maximum turns can not be altered. It is a safety feature hard wired on the control board.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Regards, Smitty
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I need the motor to go forward, stop, and then go in reverse. If I bypass the board will it still do this (if I use a switch to turn it off and on)? Also, I need the sensors on the track to stop the carriage to prevent it from going too far forward or too far backward along the rail. There is not a circuit on the board I could bypass?

Sorry, Jimmy no. What you need to do is design a custom system using limit switches to control the motors actions.