Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your issue.
Does your screen say "Sensor Off" or just "OFF"?
its not related to the rain sensor. I turned the dial to the off position when i had the plumbing issue so i wouldn't be wasting water...
There may be a problem with your controller. It should display low battery if the battery was a problem or No AC if it was unplugged. Try unplugging the controller then wait a couple minutes and plug it back in. If that doesn't help then do the same thing but remove the battery too. You will probably lose the programming if you cut the power and pull the battery so you may have to reprogram. There is a possibility that if the plumbers caused a short in a wire lead to one of the valves it might have overloaded the controller
how do i know where to unplug it? there are no wires coming out of it. it is attached to my brick wall outside in backyard and only has two pipes going down to ground
The hunter Pro-C is an indoor controller that plugs into a common receptacle
There should be no pipes connected to it
There is an outdoor model
but there still should be no pipes connected to it except maybe electrical conduit
If that's what you have then you need to check the breaker in the house for that circuit.
mine is def outdoors on the side brick of my house...and has 2 approx 1/2 inch pipes that come out of bottom of it and go down to ground (paralell to each other...no idea what is inside the pipes). i have an old house and have checked my breaker box outside and nothing is tripped as far as i can tell.
Sounds like those pipes could be conduit. If nothing is tripped then doing a power cycle like I described before is your best bet but you'll have to do it by shutting off the breaker. If that doesn't work you may have to replace the controller
i still don't understand how to unplug the controller? is that taking the front piece off (i saw on youtube) so you can carry it around and that is what has the battery on the back?
When I mentioned unplugging the controller I was talking about the indoor unit that plugs into a receptacle. To power off your unit you will probably have to turn the breaker for that circuit off unless you have another way to kill the power to the controller (a switch inside maybe).
You have to remove the cover to get to the battery
Okay, thanks for your help. I will see what i can do when i get home this evening. It just seems coincidental that once the plumbing work was done, i have this problem...makes me wonder.
Like I mentioned before there is a chance the plumbers could have shorted out a wire to one of the valves which could have messed up the controller. Normally this isn't an issue if a solenoid shorted out (which is not uncommon) but causing a live short could cause a problem since it's not a normal occurrence.
i have had a solenoid go out before. that plus whatever else they fixed was pricey
I understand. Have you mentioned this problem to your plumber?
I just called them and they think they probably did it and nicked a wire so they are coming out. I just didnt want to sound like i was accusing them if it was something else, but he said they break sprinklers all the time in their digging. :-)
thanks for your help!! Have a nice weekend.