Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

is laminate a coating? how do you know if your cabinets/counter

is laminate a coating? how do you know if your cabinets/counter tops are laminate? can you sand laminate off and paint the cabinets/counter tops?

GARY C :

Hi my name isXXXXX will do my best to solve your problem. Reply to this post and i will reply back with help before rating, Thanks Garyc

Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your issue.

The laminate you refer to (commonly called Formica) is a plastic sheet that is manufactured under high pressure. You can't sand it off but it can be painted. Since your countertops take a lot of abuse the only durable option for painting/refinishing them is to have it done by a resurfacing company like MiracleMethod. This method is much less expensive than replacing or relaminating the countertops. There are several methods that could have been used to "laminate" your cabinets. I would need a picture or a description of the cabinets to have some idea if they are laminated but they can be painted as well. This might be something you could do yourself but you will get a much better looking job if the cabinets are sprayed rather than painted with a brush.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank-you for your speedy reply. how do i know it is formica...i have had it for 20 years...the house came with it...no matter what i do even stains come off in a few days and it looks well ok. i just wanted something different without breaking the bank.

Give Miracle Method a call (click on the link in my last post) and get a quote. Only you know if the cost is worth the expense and Miracle Method is probably your least expensive durable and good looking option
Rick, General Contractor
Experience: Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.