Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor
Experience:  Has written home improvement articles since 2008. Earned South Carolina Residential Builders License in 1991.
75209918

My dewalt d51276 finish nailer wont fire.

My dewalt d51276 finish nailer won't fire.

I'm Michelle and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Michelle~Moderator
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Michelle, thanks for the response. I am still having the same problem and would appreciate any input. Regards, Graham

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Michelle-Moderator
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I'm still having trouble. The last time I used the tool was this Saturday. When I went to use it on Sunday all that happened was a slight "hiss" when I pulled the trigger, no activation of the nailing mechanism though. Other than that there are no air leaks, the air pressure is right and there are no blockages. Maybe today you can find the answer. Thanks!

The I rings inside the nailer can deteriorate
and cause a blockage keeping the gun from
firing.
Dewalt sells a rebuild kit that is not too
hard to install but does require patience.

I will get right back with a link to the rebuild
kit.

David. Machado
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/dewalt-d51276-gauge-finish-nailer-parts-c-1009_1165_9604.html

This is a link with your nailers
Model and parts list.

If you have more questions
I will be glad to help

David. Machado
Machinc, General Contractor
Experience: Has written home improvement articles since 2008. Earned South Carolina Residential Builders License in 1991.