P.J.
P.J., General Contractor
Experience:  Various construction experiences, both good and bad, allow me to help others solve their home improvement issues.
75205684

Hi there, Ive seen a method of plastic products being made

Hi there,
I've seen a method of plastic products being made where a steel mould of an object is heated and then filled with a plastic powder for a couple of seconds (time depend on how thick plastic part must be). It's then cooled and de moulded. inner surface (where plastic powder's is not melted) is then closed by flame.
Could you advice me on what this method is called and where I can obtain more info on this method please.
thank you kindly,

Kobus
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Kobus, are you referring to >>>INJECTION MOULDING<<< ??

Please let me know so that we can continue.

Regards
Steve
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Steve, no I'm not referring to injection moulding. The method I witnessed was made of a 1 mm thick mild steel plate mould that was filled with plastic pellets grounded to a finer powder. The steel mould is then heated with gas burners at +- 45 deg C for two minutes to melt the plastic in to a form. then the access powder tipped out the mould. The mould is then cooled down and form de moulded. The inside of the form where the powder was is then heated with a gas flame to give a glossy finish.

Hi again.

I am not aware of that process. I am going to opt out of this question which will allow other experts to chime in.

Hold on.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Steve, could you manage to obtain any info on the plastic forming I asked you about ?

Kobus

Hi Kobus,

Rotational molding is the name for the method you are interested in.

This website describes different methods and has contact information for a company that can likely get you any further information you may need.

I hope this helps. Thanks for using JA!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Expert,

No, I'm quite familiar with rotational moulding and this method I'm referring to is not rotational moulding.

It works on the same principal but the mould is stationary.

I understand. I hope the company's website link I provided will help get you the information you're looking for.

Thanks again. P.J.
P.J., General Contractor
Experience: Various construction experiences, both good and bad, allow me to help others solve their home improvement issues.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi P.J., Thanks for your reply, I could not find the link of the company you think may help me. Please send it to me on the answering page.

appreciate your time,

thanks, Kobus

No problem. The company is D&M Plastics, Inc., at www.dmplastics.ca , I hope this helps. Thanks! P.J.