Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP

Hi Brian, I am attempting to rebuild a 16x20 kitchen I had

Hi Brian,
I am attempting to rebuild a 16'x20' kitchen I had to tear down because it was separating from the main house. The original house was built on granite ledge and the kitchen was on the bare ground (earth that had built up on another part of the ledge). I plan to have footings and sonna tubes poured (I'll scrape all the earth off the ledge first), then I would like to make the kitchen as green as possible, with solar panels for hot water, gas heat and stove, and solar-powered electric lights & appliances, as well as a composting toilet. I will have to get a very shallow greywater treatment system because there is so little earth anywhere on my property. Do you know any architects or other people around Bar Harbor, Maine, who are helping people to plan these sorts of projects? Thank you very much.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Brian replied 10 months ago.
Hi and thanks for using our service! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to give you the most accurate answer.

Sounds like an interesting project. Sorry, I do not know anyone personally in Bar Harbor. I did a quick search for LEED certified architects. LEED is the leading standard for "green" architecture. Using a LEED certified architect is a good starting point since they are very familiar with "green" design. Especially with the solar and composting toilets.

You can do your own search but I found these two:

A4 Architects
WMH Architects

Let me know if I can help you with anything else or if you have any "green" questions.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thanks very much. I will probably be asking you quite a few questions over the next couple of months. And I will contact the two LEED certified architects that you found. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

Expert:  Brian replied 10 months ago.
You are very welcome. And yes, feel free to contact me. I am LEED certified myself so I can answer any "green" related questions you may have. Have a great night.
Brian, Architect
Experience: Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP