Rick
Rick , General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

An ice cube scooted across the kitchen floor unnoticed until

Customer Question

An ice cube scooted across the kitchen floor unnoticed until several hours later when I stepped in the water. It had landed on a seam in the laminate flooring, and now it is curled up around the edges. Is there anything I can do besides replace these pieces?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.

Rick :

Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your issue.

In most cases, if the curling is minor, the curling will go away after the floor has dried out completely. This can take a week or more depending on weather conditions. So the best thing you can do is avoid walking on the curled section until it returns to normal

Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer! Please keep us in mind should you have questions in the future that could use some expert answers. You can request me personally for Plumbing, Heating or general Home Improvement/Building problems should the need arise. Just bookmark this URL for future reference
http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-rickthecontractor/

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Your answer was for me to wait and see if the curling diminished. The curling is still the same as it was before I contacted you. I do not walk on it since it is almost under the table.

Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
It can take quite a while for the flooring to return to normal particularly if the weather/air isn't very dry. In a case like this it's best to wait it out rather than pursue the much more drastic option which is cutting out and replacing the damaged section.