P.J.
P.J., General Contractor
Experience:  Various construction experiences, both good and bad, allow me to help others solve their home improvement issues.
75205684

What dimension lumber should I use to frame a 12-foot entry

What dimension lumber should I use to frame a 12-foot entry wall? This is an exterior wall. And do I need fire blocking?

Legacy Built :

2x6 lumber for the framing. Fire blocking is required at the level of a ceiling intersecting the wall. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks for using JA!

Customer:

Thanks. Good answer. I'm actually recruiting for another chat-type board that will be launching soon on a similar format. eHow Now. I'm sure I'm not supposed to recruit here - but I'm the "Handyman" category manager. MY name is XXXXX XXXXX if you're interested - email me [email protected] We're paying $25 per hour, but we it's not full time, just part time. You did answer correctly. Thanks