Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP

Genie Pro 98 garage door opener,works with remotes,key pad,push

Genie Pro 98 garage door opener,works with remotes,key pad,push button.About every 10 times the door will stop in mid cycle the lights go out on the opener.Its not the outlet power. I wait about 3 minuets the lights come back on buy them selves then if I push one of the control buttons the door will complete its cycle. door will then work for about 10 cycles?
I think this unit is at least 20 years old are parts available ?
Hi and thanks for using our service! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to give you the most accurate answer.

You either have a loose wire inside of the motor unit or the logic board is going bad. You could inspect the wiring but at that age you should probably just get a new opener since the average life is 10-15 years.

If you have a bad logic board, and there is a good chance you do, they cost around $70.00 and since the opener is older than 10 years I would recommend spending that money towards a new opener. On the plus side, today's opener technology is better and safer and you will appreciate it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's what my wife said,get a new opener,thanks a lot.I have installed them before

Excellent rating.

Great Bob. Good luck with it! and have a great night. Please rate my answer at your convenience. Thanks.