Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired contractor, 51 years experience
23932409

Please pass my question to Phil.... Hi Phil...This question

Please pass my question to Phil....
Hi Phil...This question is on Septic Tank Lids. Images are of what I currently have and I wanted to know is there a more secure forming lid I can put on so my tank to prevent rainfall overload seeping into the tank. Fyi...images...not mine... but identical.
http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/attachments/plumbing/39539d1332788391-septic-tank-flooding-lid.jpg
Thanks Karen

Hi, I'm Gina and I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional, Phil, a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Thanks :)

Gina

Hello again Karen, Thanks for asking for me!

Seal it by removing the cover, cleaning the entire area well with soap and water, let it dry out completely, then buy 6 or 8 'wax rings' used to seal a toilet to the plumbing, scrape the wax out with a spoon and smear an 1/8" thick coating around the seating area, not so much that it squeezes into the tank though.. then replace the cover. and push some more wax into the crack around the edges. You can overlay that with 4 inch wide strips of saran wrap if you want

Let me know what you think of that. we keep going as necessary.

Phil
.

Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: Retired contractor, 51 years experience