Daniel, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Expert in electrical & mechanical design, troubleshooting, and problem solving
47322625

Hi, I had Mullican Hickory wood floors and stairs installed-

I had Mullican Hickory wood floors and stairs installed- just finishing project now.
Risers and railing spindles need to be painted and some wood filler put in a couple places on the stringers (is that what the side wood part is called?)
The painting part is not part of the wood company's contract so I'm going to try DIY and paint it myself. I'll prime, fill in some places w wood filler, spackle over the nails.
My question--- how do I not make the brush strokes not show?
Thanks,
Holly
Hi there happy to help.

The brush is the key. Assuming you are going to use a latex paint, get a good quality nylon or polyester brush. Purtdy and Wooster are good brands.

Also the longer the bristles the better.

Aside from this work in sections and don't over apply the paint and you should get very good results. If you are not using latex paint let me know ...my advise will be different,

Please don't forget to rate me and have a great day.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you !

I've used a Purdy brush before. Since this project is a big one to me, I'll invest in a new brush.

Yes, latex paint.

Holly

Plz send smiley faces again