Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I will be installing a Pergo entry way, approx 4 x 4, in

I will be installing a Pergo entry way, approx 4' x 4', in front of the main door to the house. Carpet will be butting right up against the Pergo on two sides. As the Pergo is floating and small, and not contained by walls on all 4 sides, I have concerns about the Pergo staying where it's supposed to. I don't want the Pergo to "drift" over time. Do you have any suggestions or advice for are my concerns unfounded? Jody from Florissant
Hi and thanks for using our service! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to give you the most accurate answer.

Since the floor is so small expansion and contraction will be minimal. I would use a flexible sealant such as silicone between the floor and the wall....where there isn't carpet. The wood baseboard can cover it and this will allow the floor to expand and contract and keep it in place.