Phil
Phil , Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired contractor, 51 years experience
23932409

I intend to get a new driveway built at the front (current

I intend to get a new driveway built at the front (current garden area) of my house. The property is located in Edinburgh, Scotland and I wish to know if any form of planning permission or approval is required from my local council. The driveway is only needed for one car and will therefore not be a large area - circa 25/30 square metres. The pavement at the front currently has a kerb that will require to be removed to allow access to/from the driveway.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Phil replied 2 years ago.

.

Expert:  Phil replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer!

A permit is required in order to comply with the various set back and other regulations.

CLICK HERE FOR THE DOCUMENT.

If you wish to rate my answer *positively, I will be paid from your deposit, and in that case I will hold the question open for an future follow up you might need with no time limit. That works out well all the way around.

Thanks!

Phil