Brian
Brian , Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

craftsman garage door opener remotewont open or close do

craftsman garage door opener remote
wont open or close door
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Brian replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for using our service! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to give you the most accurate answer.

Can you explain a little more? The wall button works fine? If you have a wall button with the lock feature, verify that it is not engaged since this disables remotes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

motor receives signals from remotes and vehicles (u can see the light blink sometimes hear a click). drive will not start

Expert:  Brian replied 2 years ago.
If the door is stuck open, verify that the trolley is not stuck on the bolt located near the motor unit. If it is, simply dislodge it from the bolt and reset limits to stop the trolley before it hits the bolt.

I would also remove the cover off the motor unit and just verify that the plastic gears are not worn and binding.

A clicking noise typically means a bad logic board and unfortunately they cost around $70.00. The clicking typically appears after a lightning storm or power surge. They are highly sensitive to these and fail. If the opener is older than 10 years I would recommend spending that money towards a new opener. On the plus side, today's opener technology is better and safer.

Also, invest in a surge protector made for garage door openers....it will help protect the new logic board.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...
Please rate my answer if I have completely helped you today, so that I am credited for my time assisting you. Rating my answer does not cost you any more, and only by your rating am I compensated.