Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I cant remember my safe combation out of this set of numbers

Customer Question

I can't remember my safe combation out of this set of numbers XXXXXXXXXXX can you help me
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Phil replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer!

Our security program here at JA turned your numbers into xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

can you retype them in 3 separate rows

such as

aaa

bbb

ccc

Lets see if those come through. I will see if I can get you a list of all possible combinations that you can try using those numbers.

Phil
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

448
379
237
12

Expert:  Phil replied 3 years ago.
Hello again,

I had assumed incorrectly that you would only have a 3 combination set of numbers... a person can try all possible combinations of the three and get the safe open thats about 18 different combinations including starting to the left and starting to the right.

With 4 different combination numbers that turns out to be over a hundred different combinations.. and becomes quite labor intensive, and if you miss a number slightly the safe still wont open, you might have to try several hundred times before get the safe open.. or more depending on a few other details.

A lock smith who specializes in safes will have an amplified microphone that the attach's to the safe so he can listen to the tumblers, and will very often be able to the safe open after only a few tries.

I think that is going to be your best bet here.

If you can tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city I can most likely locate someone who can do that for you.

Phil