How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brian Your Own Question
Brian
Brian, Architect
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 3123
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
Brian is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I found a glass with mold in it i went to wash it and it started

This answer was rated:

I found a glass with mold in it i went to wash it and it started to smoke??
Hi and thanks for using our service! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to give you the most accurate answer.

The "smoke" is the mold spores being released into the air. If they land on moisture and a food source (such as dirt) they will reproduce where they land and form new mold. I would suggest cleaning the glass outdoors.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I dumped immediately down the toilet and threw away the glass...I was just scared that it was poisonous

That's good. It can effect some people especially if they are allergic to it, but if you haven't had any reactions then you are most likely good.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was over an hour ago .....my roommate has a friends over and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to hurt anyone!! Have you experienced this before?

Oh yes, I have seen it many times. I wouldn't be concerned since the glass can only hold a small amount of the spores. They have diluted themselves in the air by now and everyone will be fine. If you had an entire basement full of this mold, it could be unhealthy, over a period of time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay thank you i can now relax!!! So nothing to worry about...right?
You are welcome and yes you have nothing to worry about....mold spores are always present in the air and only a few are dangerous at large quantities. Have a great night!
Brian and 4 other Home Improvement Specialists are ready to help you
Anything else I can help you with? If not, please rate my answer at your convenience. Thanks!