Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor
Experience:  Has written home improvement articles since 2008. Earned South Carolina Residential Builders License in 1991.
75209918

looking for small commercial general contractor general questions

Customer Question

looking for small commercial general contractor general questions answered
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 3 years ago.

I'm Gina, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Gina-Moderator

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Gina, Yes I still had some questions, it was mostly about rehabbing a small 4 unit residential apartment building, and what I might expect to have to update, built in 1980

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Gina-Moderator

Expert:  Machinc replied 3 years ago.
Be prepared for both plumbing and electrical upgrades.
Inspect the windows and verify they are double pane glass. Al new windows are..
That can be a major upgrade as all would have to be replaced.
Attic insulation may need to be brought up to code. The same applies to indulation under the first floor.
Central heat and air should be at the end of their lifespan if original.
The same applies to hot water heaters or boilers.
Roof depending if shingles or tile or built up can also be near their expiration date.
Expert:  Machinc replied 3 years ago.
Just checking back to see if you need more detail. This was just a outline of possibilities .
Thanks
David Machado
Expert:  Machinc replied 3 years ago.
Just checking back to see how you made out with your remodeling concerns. .Let me know of there is anything else I can do.David Machado