AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist
Experience:  35 years home improvement

I have a minka aire gyro 42", it quit working after 1 year,

Customer Question

I have a minka aire gyro 42", it quit working after 1 year, light works, and unit rotates but fans will not operate, replaced the wall unit - did not fix.
XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 11 months ago.

AssuredElectrical :

Welcome. My name is Tommy and would be glad to assist.

AssuredElectrical :

The wall unit is the only control of all aspects of the fans and light?

AssuredElectrical :

If so, which Model is the wall control?

AssuredElectrical :

Which model is the fan?

Customer :

That and a remote.

Customer :

Wall unit and remote. Wall unit WC210, Not suresure GYRO owners manual for multiple models D478,975 & D4889,483 & D489,809 & D490,146

AssuredElectrical :

Ok, thanks. So does the remote operate the fans?

Customer :

Yes, but currently as stated only the light and rotation of entire unit works no fan operation on either fan'

AssuredElectrical :

Ok, so neither the wall or remote will operate the fans, correct?

Customer :

Correct

AssuredElectrical :

ok

AssuredElectrical :

do you know if the receiver for the fan is built into the unit or if it is in the ceiling canopy?

AssuredElectrical :

Going to try and find your unit, but not sure which you have at this point.

Customer :

Do not remember from install, I have probably instance,

Customer :

installed 10 fans in my other house since then

AssuredElectrical :

since both the remote and wall unit control everything except the fans themselves, the issue will be in the receiver unit. The receiver has built in relay points that turn on each item as it is called for by the wall unit or remote.

AssuredElectrical :

That is why was trying to determine where yours is located

Customer :

I think I read it is in canopy

AssuredElectrical :

you set the dip switches on the wall control correct?

Customer :

Yes, it worked for about the first 9 months.

AssuredElectrical :

Ok, if the receiver is in the canopy, you can take a try, and change the code on the dip switches and then do the wall and remote to match. If it is a communication issue on the fans, that may take care of the issue.

If not, then a new receiver is needed.

AssuredElectrical :

Both wall and remote not operating the fans, the only other piece of the puzzle is in the receiving unit

Customer :

Thank you

AssuredElectrical :

you are most welcome, glad to assist.