Rick
Rick , General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

My husband and I have a log cabin with a rock fire place.

Customer Question

My husband and I have a log cabin with a rock fire place. The rocks we have found out are field rocks and since we have had so much rain lately, the rocks are absorbing water and leaking in the house. We have had replaced the tin roof on the suggestion of 2 of the 8 contractors that have looked at the leak. The roof did not need replacing it was only 10 years old but we bit the bullet and had it replaced. The last contractor suggested we tear down the chimney or paint the chimney, which will destroy the look of the house. So we told him to paint the chimney. He phoned back and told us he decided he did not want to do this because he would not do it if it were his house. I know this is a long question but is there anything out there that could be sprayed on the chimney to repel water or is there anything else we can do. We have spent a fortune trying to rectify this problem and unfortunately we are still dripping in Lexington North Carolina.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.

Rick :

Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your issue.

Here is a good product for sealing your stone chimney

Rick :

Innerseal

Rick :

Click on the link for more info

Customer:

Thank you for your help.....we will read over the info.

Rick :

You're welcome

Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer! Please keep us in mind should you have questions in the future that could use some expert answers. You can request me personally for Plumbing, Heating or general Home Improvement/Building problems should the need arise. Just bookmark this URL for future reference
http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-rickthecontractor/