Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

Craftsman 1/2 hp 139.53963SRT wont "learn". No matter

Craftsman 1/2 hp 139.53963SRT won't "learn". No matter what sequence I try or how long I hold the smart button, the light beside the button doesn't come on. Not even to cancel all codes. Therefor, I am unable to teach it any remote codes. The light does flash when operating a "working" remote. Any ideas?
Hi and thanks for using our service! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to give you the most accurate answer.

Sounds like a bad logic board. Unfortunately, a new one will cost around $70. They are relatively easy to install yourself, but if your opener is older than 10 years I would recommend putting that money towards a new opener. It just makes more sense and you would appreciate the latest technology and safety features.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...
Please rate my answer if I have completely helped you today, so that I am credited for my time assisting you. Rating my answer does not cost you any more, and only by your rating am I compensated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yeah, I was afraid of that. And yes, purchased January 2000. Time for a new opener I guess...thanks. The new ones relatively easy to program my vehicles homelink?

Hi Wayne, yes you should have no problem at all connecting the new openers to your vehicles.