Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.

I am looking for A & A builders who I think built the house

I am looking for A & A builders who I think built the house I own at 5600 Promontory Pointe Rd in Harbour Pointe in Midlothian, Va. I am trying to get replacement doors and windows in the house but ran into a snag about whether or not there is enough support for the windows and doors they would put in. I would like to locate the builders if possible and see if blueprints of the house are available to locate supports if they exist. Would drawings of the house still be available or what would you suggest I can do to find out if there is support other than tear out a portion of the area to be replaced.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your issue.

It's more likely the house has settled or perhaps there is some water or insect damage that's causing the issue you describe if it's only happening in a couple places. In most jurisdictions plans must be submitted to the building inspector to obtain a permit and these plans should be available to you. But finding the plans or even the builder won't tell you if the house was built according to the plans. It should have been but having a set of plans is no guarnatee. It's unlikely that a modern house has insufficient support for any door or window. I'm sorry to say the only way to know for sure what's going on may be to do a more thorough inspection of the problem which may include removing some trim and drywall. You might want to consult an independent carpenter for this.